NRS Zephyr Inflatable PFD BlueRegular price $ 119.95
Stand up paddlers and other water sports enthusiasts looking for an alternative to traditional life jackets will love the NRS Zephyr Self-Inflating PFD. It's lightweight, easy to wear and inflates instantly to float you high.
Note: This PFD is certified by the US Coast Guard as a Type V PFD. However, it meets Coast Guard requirements for Type III PFDs when it is worn. In other words, you have to have the pouch secured around your waist for it to qualify as a required flotation device.
- This lightweight self-inflating PFD provides 15.5 lbs. of flotation and meets U.S. Coast Guard requirements. (See Note below.)
- The compact, adjustable ripstop nylon waist pack stays out of your way for SUP or surfing.
- A simple tug on the cord instantly inflates the PFD with pressurized C02 gas.
- A 16 gram CO2 cartridge comes with the Zephyr. It will simply need to be screwed in to initially arm the PFD.
- NRS CO2 Re-Arming Kit, Item # 40035.01, is sold separately. It's a good idea to have extra re-arming kits on hand.
- Unlike many other self-inflating life jackets, the flotation chamber stays around your waist.
- Rotate the belt until the chamber faces forward, pull the inflation cord and secure the attachment strap over your head.
- A manual mouth valve backs up the CO2-powered inflator.
- The bag's clear window lets you check the inflation system for readiness.
- This PFD carries the US Coast Guard Certification, through testing by Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
- Size: Adult Universal
- Waist Size: Belt fits waist 27"-50" (69-127 cm) in circumference
- Weight: 1.1 lbs
- US Coast Guard Type: Type V, meets Coast Guard requirement for a Type III PFD when it is worn.
- Design Flotation: 15.5 lbs.
- Entry System: Adjustable waist belt with side-release buckle